º»´çÀÏÁ¤Ç¥
HOME > ¼Ò½Ä > °øÁö»çÇ×

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 17-12-16 15:37
RESPONSE TO THE ROYAL COMMISSION DECEMBER 2017
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : °ü¸®ÀÚ
Á¶È¸ : 3,249  
RESPONSE TO THE ROYAL COMMISSION DECEMBER 2017

¡¦.Deliver us from evil¡¦

The journey of the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sex Abuse has been a period of utter shame for the Catholic Church.

Revealed like never before, has been the diabolical criminality by some of our Church personnel toward the ¡®poor little ones¡¯ of God over the past 50 plus years.

We have heard from courageous victims who have carried throughout their lives the open wounds of unimaginable and unspeakable evil by people who have used their positions of moral power and authority for horrendous crimes.

These revelations are shocking, and engender immense humiliation in our communities.

We are truly sorry for all that has taken place.

The Royal Commission has been like an extended ¡°Examination of Conscience¡± for us over 5 years.  It has held a prophetic mirror before us in a sustained manner that has both produced shame and conversion.

This conversion of the heart is the beginning of a hope-filled path into the future.  Conversion of cultural patterns and structures must follow. 

We commit ourselves to examine carefully the recommendations of the Royal Commission, and build on what has already begun in the long future road to collective responsibility.

May the Lord ¡°deliver us from evil¡± as we follow more closely His ways of mercy and justice.

Archbishop Christopher Prowse
Catholic Archbishop of Canberra and Goulburn
Friday, 15th December 2017

THE ROYAL COMMISSION INTO INSTITUTIONAL CHILD SEX ABUSE

I congratulate the Royal Commission on its rigor during this long investigative process, and honour the victims for their courage in exposing the unspeakable horrors they have endured.

These courageous victims have carried throughout their lives the open wounds of unimaginable and unspeakable evil.  This has been done by people who have used their positions of moral power and authority for horrendous crimes.

We are truly sorry for all that has taken place.

This Royal Commission has been like an extended intense examination of conscience for Institutions, especially the Catholic Church.  It lays bare our historic failings.  It has held a prophetic mirror before us in a sustained manner that has both produced humiliation and conversion.

While reform has been underway, this report marks the line in the sand.  Catholics and the community more broadly are calling loudly for strong leadership from Institutions and an unreserved approach to implementing reforms.  As a Catholic leader, I accept this responsibility, and with the support of our faith-filled communities, I am determined to forge a more accountable and transparent future direction.

We can only right the wrongs through actions.

A thorough examination of the Royal Commission¡¯s report will now take place.

I support the introduction of a national redress scheme for the survivors of child sexual abuse in which the Church will participate, along with State governments.  Over this year, I have strongly advocated the ACT Government to strengthen and expand the Reportable Conduct Scheme to include religious organisations.

Archbishop Christopher Prowse
 Catholic Archbishop of Canberra and Goulburn
Friday, 15th December 2017

³îÀÌÅÍÃßõ
½ºÆ÷Ã÷ÅäÅä
ÅäÅä»çÀÌÆ®
Ä«Áö³ëÁÖ¼Ò
³×ÀÓµå»ç´Ù¸®
¹ÙÄ«¶ó»çÀÌÆ®ÁÖ¼Ò
È£°ÔÀÓ
ĵ¹ö¶ó´ë±³±¸ ¹ÙƼĭ ±Â´º½º ½Ãµå´Ï´ë±³±¸ ´ëÀü±³±¸Ã» ÀþÀºÀ̵鸦À§ÇÑ°ø°£(ÆäÀ̽ººÏ)